Auction terms and conditions for online bidding
Through participating in the auction, the bidder acknowledges the following conditions:
1. The sale is made to the highest bidder. In case of contention about the acceptance of a bid, the official from the mayor's office has final decision.
The auctioneer is free to refuse a bid without giving reasons. A proof of solvency, credit card data or a downpayment before the auction can be required from the bidder. The auctioneer has discretion at any time to refuse any bid, withdraw or add any lot or change the order of opening bids. Unless otherwise specified the opening bid is no higher than half of the upper estimate.
2. All bids are to be understood in Swiss Francs only. They are binding and cannot be withdrawn. Orders for less than half the upper estimate shall not be considered. Every successful bidder is personally liable for his purchases and cannot claim to have acted on a third party's behalf.
3. The auction takes place against immediate cash payment in Swiss currency or in Euro. In the event of a late settlement of the account, the buyer bears the cost of any exchange rate differences. For security and transparency reasons, invoice amounts above CHF 10'000.- must be paid by bank transfer. Your credit card may be charged for the full invoice amount plus fees from 4 days after an invoice has been sent. We do not accept cheques. For payments through PayPal or by credit card, a fee of 4% of the total amount will be charged. Objects purchased at auction will only be delivered to the buyer once payment in full (incl. VAT) has been made.
In view of our commitments to the sellers, all payments are due within 7 days of the issuing date of invoice without any deductions. Bills are deemed as paid within the stipulated time limit only after receipt of the cash amount or remittance by banker's order. Upon expiry of this time limit, due invoices shall be cancelled without any further notice and the buyer shall be banned from all future auctions.
A buyer's premium is added to the hammer price of each lot sold:
Up to CHF 10'000.- 23% plus VAT
From CHF 10'001.- to CHF 50'000.- 20% plus VAT
From CHF 50'001.- 16% plus VAT
These rates also apply to online bids.
The purchaser is required to pay VAT on the premium. This premium applies to dealers, wholesalers as well as private clients.
All objects marked with * are fully subjected to value added tax, i.e. for these objects, VAT has to be paid on the hammer price as well as on the buyer's premium. VAT amounts will be refunded to buyers who produce a valid export declaration and their bank reference.
4. Should invoices remain unpaid or not be paid within the stipulated time limit, the auctioneer may either demand compliance of the sales contract or cancel the adjudication at any time without setting a further time limit. In all cases, the buyer is liable for damages resulting from the non-payment or the late payment, especially for the possible reduction of the proceeds if the purchase is cancelled, even if the lot can be sold to another bidder of the same auction or to a third party at a later auction. The buyer whose purchase was cancelled has no right whatsoever to possible additional proceeds.
5. The ownership is transferred to the buyer only once the full amount of the invoice has been paid, whereas the hazards are already transferred with the knockdown.
6. All lots are sold in the condition they are at the time of the auction. The seller's warranties of the auction house cease with the knockdown.
During viewing days, objects can be examined in detail. Catalogue descriptions were written to the best of conscience and belief. No liability shall be incurred for the details given. Condition, age, authenticity, ascription to an artist or an era, identification, signatures and dates, and possible imperfections or restorations must be examined by the prospective buyer on-site based on the object. Any liability for defects in material or title is explicitly rejected.
No complaint will be accepted.
7. Under no circumstances shall the auction house be held responsible or have any claims made against for failure of anyone's internet service, technical or software problems during live auction. The auction house will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source and is not responsible for any bids placed "accidentally" or by "mistake" from any source.
8. Purchased lots are ready for collection either immediately after each auction session or during the following two weekdays.
No responsibility can be taken for storing the purchased objects. Any purchased item not collected within two weeks of the end of the auction will be stored with a storage warehouse, without prior notice and at the buyer's expense. In this case, the buyer can only collect the object after payment of the invoice and the storage fees.
Bids in writing are treated on a first-in first served basis. The highest bid is successful and is executed at the lowest possible price, i.e. one bidding step above the second-highest bid. In the event of a tie bid in value, the earliest recorded bid is the successful bid.
Absentee bids sent directly to Schuler Auktionen will be privileged over online absentee bids of the same value.
10. Objects are auctioned on behalf and for the account of third parties. Lots are auctioned under the provision that the lot attains the estimated price. The auctioneer can also make bids and announcements below the estimate. The auctioneer has discretion to withdraw unsold lots during the auction without third parties being aware. Once the auction is closed, enquiries can be submitted to the auction house concerning unsold lots.
11. The above conditions are an integral part of each sales contract concluded at the auction. To be valid, amendments have to be made in writing.
12. The auction is held in cooperation with the Office of the Mayor of Zurich.
13. The Mayor of Zurich as well as the Canton and the Town of Zurich decline any responsibility for actions of the auctioneer. All parts of the relations between the parties are subjected to Swiss Law.
The place of fulfilment and the place of jurisdiction are Zurich.
SCHULER AUKTIONEN AG
Since we are not professional conservators or restorers, we urge you to consult with a restorer or conservator of your choice who will be better able to provide a detailed, professional report. Prospective buyers should inspect each lot to satisfy themselves as to condition and must understand that any statement made by Schuler Auktionen is merely a subjective qualified opinion. NOTWITHSTANDING THIS REPORT OR ANY DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING CONDITION OF A LOT, ALL LOTS ARE OFFERED AND SOLD "AS IS" IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONDITIONS OF SALE PRINTED IN THE CATALOGUE.
Buyer Pays Shipping Costs. We do neither pack nor ship ourselves. Our partners for packing and shipping will gladly quote you for international and national shipments.
For any information regarding shipment, please contact them directly providing your lot number, the name of the auction house and your invoice:
Art Verpackung Solution, Samir Jasarevic, for all shipments: [email protected] or +41 76 390 47 77
YSDS Art, for values over CHF 5'000.- only: [email protected] or +41 44 500 22 56
Please take note that import taxes (VAT) and duties of the recipient country will be charged to the importer (recipient) additionally.