Lot 523

Previous image preload Next image preload

Description:

Carlsruhe (Karlsruhe), 9 December 1835, Share of 200 Gulden, 100 Gulden paid up, #1991, 33.3 x 21.7 cm, black, beige, folds, tears partially repaired, condition VF, 4 pages, superb design with view of a mine, printed at Lith. v. P. Wagner in Karlsruhe, auctioned in our auction 21, since that time only known item, part of the collection of Prof. Dr. Eckhardt Wanner, R12!

The company was founded in 1826 as Kinzigtäler Bergwerksverein, it was later called Badischer Bergwerks-Verein or Badischer Generalbergwerksverein. The company was founded at Mining Officer (Bergrat) Georgi’s instigation. The headquarter of the director was in Karlsruhe. In 1834 the Kinzigtäer Bergwerksverein merged together with other mines to create the Badischer Bergwerksverein. The goal was to revitalise the mining business in the Black Forest. The Badischer Bergwerksverein restarted the mines in Münstertal near Staufen and four mines in the Kinzigtal. It started the mine St. Bernhard in Hauserbach (1826 - 1840), Maria and Josef in Einbach (1826-1828), Eintracht in Frohnbach (1827 - 1831) and David at the Silberberg in Wittichen (1826 - 1830). The Badischer Bergwerksverein was therefore called „Verein der vier Gruben“, which means Association of the four mines. The company stopped mining at the mine Maria und Josef in 1828. To compensate this, the mine Erzengel Gabriel (1828 - 1834 and 1836 - 1838) was revitalized. As compensation for the Mine David at the Silberberg, at which mining stopped in 1830, the company revitalized the mine St. Anton in Heubach with success. Mining stopped there in 1850. The Badischer Bergwerks-Verein tried to revitalize some smaller mines at Heubach, at the Trillengrund/Heubach and at the Kuhberg/Bergzell in 1834. The company also mined at the old and formerly very rich mine Wenzel in Frohnbach/Oberwolfach from 1839 to 1842. But they had no success. Unsuccessful were also the smaller mines Neu-Wenzel-Stollen (1839) at Frohnbach, Neu-Sophie at Hauserbach (1842) and Benedikt at Dös (1841) next to Rippoldsau. The Kinzigthal-Mining-Association was founded in 1850 with a similar goal than the Badischer Bergwerks-Verein. The old mine Sophia was revitalized under the name Wheal Capper. The company mined 983 German Pounds of silver and 66 hundredweights of cobalt. The work stopped in 1856. Closing the mine Sophia was the end of the mining history in the area of Wittichen. The Badischer Bergwerks-Verein stopped business in 1864. At this time the company lost its total capital.

Carlsruhe (Karlsruhe), 09.12.1835, Aktie über 200 Gulden, davon 100 Gulden eingezahlt, #1991, 33,3 x 21,7 cm, schwarz, beige, Knickfalten, Randeinrisse teils restauriert, Erhaltung VF, DB, dekorative Gestaltung mit Blick in einen Stollen, gedruckt bei der Lith. v. P. Wagner in Karlsruhe, versteigert in unserer 21. Auktion, seither Einzelstück in der Sammlung von Prof. Dr. Eckhardt Wanner, R12!

Der Badische Bergwerks-Verein, auch Badischer Generalbergwerksverein, geht auf den 1826 gegründeten Kinzigtäler Bergwerksverein zurück. Dieser wurde auf Veranlassung des Bergrates Georgi gegründet. Die Direktion hatte ihren Sitz in Karlsruhe. 1834 wurde dieser mit anderen Gesellschaften zum Badischen Bergwerksverein weiterentwickelt. Ziel war die Wiederbelebung des Bergbaus im Schwarzwald. Neben Gruben im Münstertal bei Staufen nahm der Badische Bergwerks-Verein zunächst vier Gruben im Kinzigtal in Betrieb. Dies waren St. Bernhard in Hauserbach (1826 - 1840), Maria und Josef im hinteren Einbach (1826 - 1828), Eintracht in Frohnbach (1827 - 1831) und David am Silberberg in Wittichen (1826 - 1830). Daher wurde der Badische Bergwerks-Verein auch als Verein der vier Gruben bezeichnet. 1828 wurde die Grube Maria und Josef aufgegeben. Als Ausgleich dafür nahm man die weiter oben im Schierengrund liegende Grube Erzengel Gabriel in Betrieb (1828 - 1834 und 1836 - 1838). An Stelle der 1830 aufgegebenen Grube David am Silberberg nahm man im gleichen Jahr die Grube St. Anton in Heubach mit gutem Erfolg in Betrieb. 1850 wurde allerdings auch dort der Abbau wieder eingestellt. 1834 mutete der Badische Bergwerks-Verein noch kleinere Gruben: vor Heubach, im Trillengrund/Heubach sowie am Kuhberg/Bergzell. In den Jahren 1839 bis 1842 betrieb der Badische Bergwerks-Verein die alte und ehemals reiche Grube Wenzel in Frohnbach/Oberwolfach. Der Erfolg blieb allerdings aus. Ebenso wenig hatte das Unternehmen auf den kleinen Gruben Neu-Wenzel-Stollen (1839) in Frohnbach, Neu-Sophie in Hauserbach (1842) und Benedikt in Dös (1841) bei Rippoldsau Glück. Etwa ab 1850 verfolgte die Kinzigthal-Mining-Association dasselbe Ziel. Die altehrwürdige Sohphia wurde unter dem neuen Namen Wheal Capper aufgenommen. Es wurden noch 983 Pfund gediegenes Silber und 132 Zentner Kobalt gewonnen. Bereits 1856 mussten die Arbeiten aber wieder eingestellt werden. Mit dem Auflassen der Grube Sophia endet die Geschichte des Bergbaus im Gebiet von Wittichen. Im Jahre 1864 stellte auch der Badische Bergwerks-Verein den Betrieb ein, nachdem das vorhandene Kapital aufgebraucht war.

Region: Deutschland

Countries: Deutschland

    Condition:
  • VF

Accepted Forms of Payment:

COD (cash on delivery), MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Paypal, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer

Shipping

Auction House will ship at Buyer's expense.

September 3, 2022 11:00 AM CEST
Zorneding-Pöring, Germany

HWPH Historisches Wertpapierhaus AG

You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 23% and any applicable taxes and shipping.

View full terms and conditions

Bid Increments
From: To: Increments:
0 € 9 € 1 €
10 € 29 € 2 €
30 € 99 € 5 €
100 € 299 € 10 €
300 € 999 € 25 €
1.000 € 1.999 € 50 €
2.000 € 4.999 € 100 €
5.000 € 24.999 € 500 €
25.000 € 49.999 € 1.000 €
50.000 € + 2.000 €